Joomla 1.6 has gone out for that masses, getting by using it a number of additional features which make our developers happy.
Included in this are but aren’t restricted to:
• Finer access controls for viewing and editing quite happy with configurable user groups and viewing levels
• A person-defined category structure, from simple one-level to complex multi-level groups
• Installation enhancements permitting multiple extension installations in a single package, updatable having a single click
• Expanded language support for simple manufacture of multi-lingual sites
• Start and finish publishing occasions for modules with increased control of where they display,
• Brand new templates and semantic markup to impress the attention along with the search engines like google
• More creative control through template styles
• Countless capabilities, streamlining workflow and productivity
So how can this be all so exciting to all of us? Well it brings joomla right into a new trend where it’s finally be a full rounded API that can take it from the generic Cms (CMS) right into a development framework that we’ll visit a new wave of applications emerging for.
Not just that, but Joomla powered websites constitute 2.6% from the web so a current statistic revealed , and Joomla received greater than two times the amount of google searches than Drupal. This does not just include businesses and people. Major corporate organisations and a few of the busiest websites on the planet operate on Joomla – including typically the most popular venue on the planet – the O2 Arena (although it appears as though they might make use of a hands from the Joomla Web Development company like us using their search engine optimization and internet search engine friendly urls!)